Before you join your ship and once you receive your employee ID number and password, complete the following mandatory eLearning courses. If prompted, please enable Adobe Flash in your web browser.
If you do not complete Security Awareness (STCW) training before joining the ship, as expected, please access a shipboard version on Portholes available here: http://portholes.princess.com/files/sat/index.html.
After joining the ship, all new crew members are required to complete assigned supervisor-led and computer-based training. Some training must be taken during your first day on board, while other training may be taken as time permits over your first 30–120 days.
Be sure to bring all applicable certificates when joining the ship. If you don't already hold the STCW Security Awareness certificate, then it will be issued upon completion of a proctored exam once on board.
- Tier 1: Shipboard induction training for new employees. To be taken during the first day on board.
- Tier 2: To be taken within 14 days on board.
- International Labour Organization (ILO): To be taken during the first day on board.
- Harassment Prevention: To be taken within 30 days on board.
Computer-based courses to be taken during the first few days on board:
- Chemical Safety
- Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Crew Safety Awareness
- Lifting, Carrying, and Moving
- Passengers and Crew with Disabilities
- Risk Assessment
- Social Media Policy
- Data Protection (department specific)
- Anti-Corruption: Global Edition (rank specific)
- Handling Employee Complaints (rank specific)
Before You Join
- Welcome from Jan Swartz
- Joining My First Ship
- Life On Board
- » New-Hire Training
- Packing List
- Pre-Boarding Checklist
Message from Jan Swartz
Welcome! We’re glad you’ve joined us as a new Princess Cruises employee. You’re now part of a team dedicated to working together to deliver exceptional customer service—both to our guests and each other. Continue reading